• Sewerage and drainage

    To avoid an unexpected bill, it is worth knowing who is responsible for what when it comes to drains and sewers.

    Your business is responsible for the pipes, gutters and drains in and on your property, right up to the boundary.

    TOP TIP: Check your insurance to see whether you are covered for plumbing bills.

    The grates and gullies found at the roadside are the responsibility of the local authority. The highway drainage charge on your bill covers the cost of treating water flowing from roads and footpaths into the public drainage system.

    The water and sewerage wholesaler in your area is responsible for the large public sewers that carry wastewater and rainwater to treatment works within their regions.

    The wholesaler is also required to maintain the network of pipes leading from your boundary to the public sewer and any shared drains that connect multiple properties before they enter the sewer.

    Contact us
  • Mapping your pipework

    If you need to carry out repair and maintenance work or move a pipe, you will need to know exactly where your pipes run and where to dig.

    We can help by providing you with a plan - you may just need a simple plan of your drainage network or sophisticated topographical plans highlighting the location of all the utility service connections.

    Using camera technology we can identify with pinpoint accuracy where in your pipeline you may have a blockage or simply check the condition of your network.

    Over time silt can build up in pipes causing backflow which we can rectify by flushing out the system using high-pressure jetting equipment.

    If you are planning on expanding production areas or extending your premises, we can use sewer flow monitoring tools to advise whether your existing network will cope with the change.

  • Find out if your business needs trade effluent consent

    If your business is discharging non-household sewage (trade effluent) to the public sewer, you will need to obtain consent.

    Trade effluent
  • Surface water drainage

    The sewerage charge you pay includes the cost of removing and treating surface water. This is rainwater that falls on your roof or the hard paved surfaces of your property such as a driveway or patio.

    Most customers are connected to a surface water sewer or combined sewer, which take away surface water.

    Depending on which wholesaler provides your sewerage services, you may be entitled to an allowance if NO surface water from your property returns to the sewer.

    To apply, simply download and complete the application form below. Please note that we may visit your property to check the surface water drainage.

    Surface water drainage form
  • Find out how we can help your business cut consumption and costs

    Call us today